The World According to Nick
Politics, News, Photography, and Triathlons... What don't I talk about?
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
<< Making Vigilantism Easier For The Masses On The Radar >>
Triticale Update

I talked with Triticale's wife last night during Drinking Right.  She phoned to tell us that although chemotherapy had helped the Leukemia, they discovered that he had significant cancer in the brain today, and that he only had a few days left.  I offered her the prayers of the entire group to Tom and his entire family, and I ask my readers to do the same.  A more gentle, thoughtful man, is hard to find.

# Posted at 8:25 AM by Nick  |  Comment Feed Link 10 Comments  |  No Trackbacks

Add to del.icio.us |  Digg this Post | Filed Under: Blogging

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:32:39 PM (Central Standard Time, UTC-06:00)
Ditto.

Cancer stinks.
Wendy
Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:05:15 PM (Central Standard Time, UTC-06:00)
I wish I could say something that would do any good. He's a good guy.
Thursday, December 13, 2007 7:40:05 AM (Central Standard Time, UTC-06:00)
Heavenly Father, comfort the family and strengthen them during this time. Lord, Your timing is not our timing and Your will is perfect. Yet Lord, we also know You as the God who shows us the miraculous at just the right time. We pray now for a miracle--for divine healing of this man. And in all things, we ask that Your will be done. In Jesus name.
Thursday, December 13, 2007 10:37:41 AM (Central Standard Time, UTC-06:00)
This is horrible. I met him once and enjoyed the conversation we had. He seemed a fascinating guy.

My prayers are with the family.
Amy P.
Friday, December 14, 2007 1:30:49 AM (Central Standard Time, UTC-06:00)
Thank you all for your kind comments, prayers, and wishes. Triticale is my brother, and my family wishes to thank all of you.
Friday, December 14, 2007 11:26:45 AM (Central Standard Time, UTC-06:00)
He's a good guy and a fascinating guy indeed. Sad news. Our prayers continue to be with him and his family
Friday, December 14, 2007 12:12:30 PM (Central Standard Time, UTC-06:00)
Sad, sad news which I never would have expected. My prayers to Triticale & all his family.

That he'd commented a time or three in the distant past on my moribund blog was quite the honor.

All the moreso, now.

Godspeed.

Jim
Sloop New Dawn
Galveston, TX
Friday, December 14, 2007 4:41:10 PM (Central Standard Time, UTC-06:00)
My brother passed away last night. He never regained consciousness. You may e-mail me if you want more information.

-Walter Arnold
Friday, December 14, 2007 11:19:40 PM (Central Standard Time, UTC-06:00)
I knew triticale from timblair. It's odd how merely exchanging comments with someone for a
relatively short while (some 3 years, perhaps) causes you to feel like friends with someone
you've never met in person. triticale seemed to me like a fine person and one I would have
liked to have known in person. My heartfelt sympathies go out to his family and friends on
the passing of a loved one.
JorgXMcKie
Saturday, December 15, 2007 12:56:11 AM (Central Standard Time, UTC-06:00)
Tom and I were friends since the mid 70s (Chicago CACHE Club).

On the off chance any one in his family reads this: your loss is my loss, my deepest condolences.

The last I heard from him - a few months ago - I invited him to visit the next time he got near Rockford. He never let on to me that he had a problem.
Comments are closed.